License Agreement for Use of the "FreeU" Browser Software
This License Agreement (hereinafter — the “Agreement”) governs the relations between Dilane Limited , which is the holder of the exclusive right to the Program, hereinafter referred to as the “Licensor”, and You, hereinafter referred to as the “Licensee”, for use of the computer program, the “FreeU” Browser, version for Windows OS from Windows XP and higher (hereinafter — the “Program”).
1. Conditions precedent for becoming a party to this Agreement.
Before copying, installing or starting to use the Program, the Licensee must familiarize itself with this Agreement as well as with all applicable rules and other documents posted on the Web-site / Program and are the integral part of this Agreement.
1.2. The Licensee becomes a party to this Agreement through the Licensee’s active effort aimed at copying the Program or installing it on its personal computer, which means acceptance of the Licensor’s offer, as well as signing the License Agreement that gives rise to the Licensee’s obligations to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
1.3. Actual use of the Program by the Licensee also means confirmation of acceptance of the terms of this Agreement by the Licensee.
1.4. By each use of the Program, the Licensee expresses its approval of the terms of this Agreement, namely, the edition thereof which was in effect at the time of actual use of the Program.
1.5. Use of the Program is allowed only subject to the terms of this Agreement. Use of the Program subject to the terms and in a manner not provided for in this License is possible only on the basis of a separate agreement with the Licensor.
2. Subject of the Agreement
2.1. According to this Agreement, the Licensor grants to the Licensee, subject to the terms of a simple (non-exclusive) license, the right to use the Program in the territory of any countries all over the world in the manner provided for in this Agreement.
2.2. The right to use the Program is provided by the Licensor to the Licensee on gratuitous basis and solely for personal nonprofit purposes.
2.3. This Agreement may be translated into other languages for convenience, but you hereby agree that all relations between you and the Licensor will be governed by the English version of the terms. In case of any discrepancies between the English version of the Agreement and translation thereof into any other language, the English version will prevail.
2.4. This Agreement and all relations with respect to any use of the Program, will be governed by the law, and any claims or suits arising out of this Agreement or use of the Program shall be subject to submission and consideration in court of the Licensor’s domicile.
2.5. Current version of the Agreement is available at the address: https://freeu.online/eula.html.
2.6. Simultaneously with becoming a party to this Agreement, the Licensee will join the license agreement for use of the “Automatic Update of Programs” software of which the Licensor is the exclusive owner.
3. Limits (ways) to use the Application
3.1. The Licensee may use the Program in the following ways:
3.1.1.Perform copying and installation (replay) thereof on the personal device (s) of the Licensee;
3.1.2. Apply the Program according to the immediate functional designation;
3.1.3. Reproduce and distribute the Program in unmodified form strictly for nonprofit purposes;
3.1.4. Perform modification of the Program for personal use only, as well as perform reverse engineering of the Program only in order to eliminate errors in such modified versions.
- 3.2. The Licensee may not:
- 3.2.1. Reproduce, distribute, communicate, make available to the public or otherwise use the Program for commercial purposes (including use for pay), also as part of digest of software products, without obtaining prior written consent of the Licensor;
- 3.2.2. Modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt and perform other actions with the object code of the Program, in order to extract the source code of the Program and/or obtain information about implementation of the algorithms used in the Program, and also make (permit) any other use of the Program, without obtaining prior written consent of the Licensor. The Licensee may not distribute, communicate, make available to the public or otherwise use the modified versions of the Program specified in p. 4.1.4 of the Agreement, otherwise than for its own personal use.
- 3.2.3. Reproduce, distribute, process the elements of the Program that are subject to the Licensor’s or third parties’ copyright, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without the permission to perform such actions, granted by the respective right holders;
- 3.2.4. Reproduce the elements of design or user interface of the Program in the course of any commercial activity on the World Wide Web or anywhere beyond;
- 3.2.5. Transfer the rights to use the Program granted to the Licensee, to other Licensees or third parties through signing a sub-licensing agreement or otherwise;
- 3.2.6. Violate the rules of using the Program, set forth in this Agreement.
- 3.2.7. Use the Program in order to transmit, distribute or otherwise use any illegal content.
- 3.3. The Program should be used under the name: “FreeU” Browser.
- The Licensee is not entitled to change the name of the Program, to modify and/or delete the copyright notification or other indications relating to the Copyright Holder or other persons, placed in the Program documentation or other materials distributed by the Program.
- 4. Warranties and limitation of liability.
- 4.1. The Program is provided on “as is” basis. The Licensor provides no warranties regarding error-free and uninterrupted operation of the Program, the Program compliance with any purposes and expectations the Licensee may have, and provides no further warranties unless otherwise specified in this License.
- 4.2. The Licensor will not be held liable for any damage to the Licensee’s personal computer, any other equipment or software, caused or associated with use of the Program.
- 4.3. The Licensor will not be held liable for the Licensee having no access to the Internet, for quality of the services of the Internet providers with whom the Licensee has signed agreements for provision of services granting access to the Internet.
- 4.4. The Licensor will not, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, bear any responsibility for any direct or indirect consequences of any use or inability to use the Program and/or for any losses incurred by the Licensee and /or third parties as a result of any use or impossibility to use the Program, including those due to possible errors or failures in operation of the Program.
- 4.5. The Licensee understands and agrees that responsibility for all the information (data files, text materials, software, music, audio files and other audio materials, photographs, videos and other images) to which the Licensee may be granted access in the course of use of the Program, will be solely vested on the person who provided such information. All such information will be referred to below as “the Content.”
- 4.6. The Licensee is given the opportunity to add to the Program the extensions (components) developed and proposed for installation by third parties, providing access to the information or services of third parties, or linking to the third party resources (“User Components”). The Licensee understands and agrees that installation of the User components into the Program is done by the Licensee at its sole discretion and at its own risk. The Licensee has no control over operability or content of the information of the services or resources access to which is provided through such User Components, as well as their compliance with the law, and is not responsible for the results of installation or application of the User Components. The Licensor does not compensate any losses caused to the Licensee by use or inability to use any of the User Components or the information, services and resources access to which is provided through such User Components.
- 5. Additional conditions
- 5.1. The Licensee is hereby notified and agrees that, when the automatic statistics mailing function becomes activated in the Program, the Licensor, in order to improve quality of the products and services provided to the Licensee, he will be automatically provided with the information about the web site he visited, the page he viewed and the files he downloaded, until the time when such function becomes deactivated.
- 5.2. The Licensee is hereby notified and agrees that, when the Program is in use, the Licensor will be provided with the following information: type of the operation system of the Licensee’s device, version and identifier of the Program, statistics of use of the Program’s functions, and other technical information.
- 5.3. The Program was created on the basis of Chromium software with open source code, which may be used under the terms of BSD License the text of which is given in the Appendix to this License, and is also available at the address: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/55.0.2855.3/LICENSE.
Copyright © 2015, The Chromium Authors.
All rights reserved.
- Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Google Inc. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- 6. Program and Agreement updates /new versions.
- 6.1. The Program may from time to time automatically download and install updates that are aimed at improving the Program, and may be of various form, unlimited. The Licensee is hereby notified and agrees to have automatic updating of the Program, including the requesting, downloading and installation of the Program’s updates on the Licensee’s device with no further notifications.
- 6.2. This Agreement applies to all subsequent
- updates/new versions of any Program and/or for all Programs. Installation of updated/new version of the Program’s means acceptance of the terms of this License by the Licensee for the corresponding updates/new versions of the Program, unless the update/installation of the new version of the Program is agreed upon in another license agreement.
- 6.3. This Agreement may be modified by the Licensor unilaterally.
- The Licensee’s notification of the changes made to the terms of this Agreement is published in the corresponding section on the Program’s website at the address https://freeu.online/eula.html. The specified changes in the terms of the Agreement become effective upon their publication, unless otherwise specified in the relevant publication.